Add our chrome extension to repeat YouTube videos at the click of a button
How To: Depot Mac Eyeshadows and Transform Mac 15 Shadow Palette
Select Your Repeat Range
Drag the sliders to repeat a selected part of the video.
Share this video with your friends:
Hey Guys! I was watching Policosmetics82 last week, and she did a series on depotting mac eyeshadows and transforming a mac 15 eyeshadow palette into one that can hold 23 shadows.
I was inspired and decided to give it a try. So, in this video I start off showing you how to transform the mac 15 shadow palette into one that can hold 23 mac shadows. Then I show you how to depot your shadows. I hope you enjoy!
Instructions For Transforming Mac Palette:
1. Use a sharp knife to get in between the plastic insert and the bottom of the pan. There are 6 clips placed around the palette. One on each side of the short end of the palette and 2 on each side of the long end of the palette. You will hear a clicking sound when you have released the clip.
2. Remove plastic insert. Then glue the magnetic plate to the bottom of the palette.
3. Then you are ready to stuff as many shadows into the palette as you can!
Instructions for depotting Mac Eyeshadows:
1. Use a sharp knife to separate the plastic eyeshadow pan from the pot. Place the knife in between the groove above the notch used to close the shadow. Twist the knife and you should hear a pop. Remove the eyeshadow.
2. Use a pair of tweezers to hold the side of the plastic insert. Heat over a candle or on the coil of a hair straightener. Do not put plastic direct on the candle. Heat until you can see a small portion of the metal eyeshadow or until the plastic has created enough of a divot to push the shadow out of the plastic container.
3. Once heated enough, use the top of the knife to push the eyeshadow out of the plastic insert. The metal will be very hot. Be careful.
4. Put shadow to side. Lightly heat the bottom of the actual eyeshadow pot to remove the label. This only needs a little heat! Use the knife to get in between the label and the pot.
5. Take label and place on the bottom of the eyeshadow. This way you always know what the shadow is called.
6. Cut a small piece of magnet, small enough to still see the name of the shadow. Glue the magnet in place.
7. Voila! Now your eyeshadow can be placed into your palette.