Favorited by people
If you want to make this project, keep in mind that I had some mistakes during making this project:
1. i forgot the resistors for LEDs, you should use resistors for LEDs to save your battery charges for long time.
2. Those solar boards are each 1.4V with 350mA current rate which are not powerful enough to push the charges into batteries, you should use 3 or 4 of them.
In the next project I explain this more with correct practical examples.
3. Calculate and install a resistor for USB charging input because we are not allowed to withdraw more than 500mA of current from a USB out put.
4. Batteries are not for ever, you should install them in away to be easily replaceable after a year or 2, max 3 years.
5. Make it beautiful with a good carpentry and design, do not make as ugly as I did, you better drill the HDD platters and install LEDs directly on the surface.
6. if you use this project for study only, you should use a white plastic board, not a transparent plastic board that I used, it will disturb your eyes during study.
7. an advance project of this type with very correct engineering calculations and circuit installations would be coming soon, you better make that one if you really want to make one.
DIY:How to make a USB-Solar Rechargeable
Light & Mobile Charger
Link to schematic:
Note: A file of PDF Map and pictures
of this project is available based on request,
if you are interested to make one same (or better one), ask me to email you
PDF maps and detailed pictures.
(It is Free, No charge)
A Samimy Production
My Other Projects:
Subscribe to watch my upcoming
A Certified Purchased
License For Samimy-Productions
A Royalty Free Track
An upbeat, energetic electronic tune with a futuristic sound-like Dr. Who gets urban.
question from a user:
a question regarding ur project DIY: USB-Solar Rechargeable ...
DIY: USB-Solar Rechargeable Light & Mobile Charger by Samimy...please explaing me in detail ..what is it and what does it do? havent really eva heard of usb chargers..have been familiar with AC chargers for nokia cell phones...
Answered by Samimy:
that one is a rechargeable light, made out of LED's the purpose is: recycling old or broken Hard drive. recycling old or broken cellphone batteries, and turn them to something useful, functions: it lights the room during study, and is portable because there is no cable. it is able to be recharged again by solar power or usb. it can recharge our cellphones too ones it got a full charge.