(Hit More Info)
These settings where designed with Sony Vegas Pro 8, but they should work fine with Premiere, Ulead, and iMovie.
The most important factor to getting that HD button your videos in the resolution. AS LONG AS THE VIDEO IS EXPORTED AT 1280x720, YOU WILL GET THAT WATCH IN HD LINK!!!!
You can also change the setting to CBR rather than Quality VBR. However, if you are going to use CBR, make sure that under the bitrate tab, you change it to 6M.
Some important notes....
• You DO NOT need an HD camera to have HD videos on YouTube.
• You DO NOT need an HD monitor to view HD videos on YouTube.
• You DO NEED a decent video editing program, this will not work with Movie Maker.
• Setting the resolution to anything under 1280x720 WILL NOT give you HD.
• You CAN have a 4:3 HD video.
• You CAN have a 16:9 HQ video.
• When you upload the video, it takes up to 30 minutes for the HD button to appear. So when you upload the video, don't panic if the button is not there immediately after upload. Wait up to 30 minutes before you start complaining.
Why does it take so long for HD videos to load on YouTube?
That's your internet connection, if you don't have a good ISP it will take long to load HD videos.
Why does it take so long for HD videos to render?
Its an HD video. HD naturally takes long to render. A faster computer will render videos quicker. ie. More RAM, better and faster processor, and a larger hard drive.
Just how good is the compression?
Well this video is 8:41 long, and it is 83.9MB.
I can't set the bitrate on my videos with these settings!
I know. The average bit rate with these settings is 4300KB, which is around 4MB.
How long does it take the video to upload to YouTube?
This video took me 14 minutes to upload and about 10 minutes to process the HD.
I have a fast computer, it still takes AGES to render!
Well, my computer has a 640GB hard drive, 3GB Ram and a 2.40 GHz Quad Core Processor. This video is about 9 minutes and it took me an hour to render.
Is there anything I can do to speed up the render times?
Leave your computer alone, the more programs you have running, the longer the render will take regardless of the amount of RAM you have.
Quick Note: Overclocking your processor will not necessarily speed up render times.
BEFORE YOU COME COMPLAINING AT ME, MAKE SURE OF HE FOLLOWING.
• You have waited at least 30 minutes for the HD button to appear.
• You had "render loop region only" UNCHECKED prior to render. (explained in the video)
• You followed the video directions EXACTLY.
Then, feel free to yell at me.
The music was composed by Bobby Prince. He composed the entire soundtrack for the DooM video game series for the PC in the 90's. All of his music is used with his permission, and no, I will not help you get his or any other composers permission to use their content in your own projects.
Feel free to message me if anything is going wrong with your rendered video, I'm always available to help.